Hopkinsville Rotary Scholars Program
About the program...
The Hopkinsville Rotary Scholars Program is an unprecedented partnership between the Hopkinsville Rotary Club and Hopkinsville Community College that has laid the foundation for any student who graduates from a high school in Christian County to attend HCC tuition free and began with the 2012 graduating class.
Who is Eligible?
Regardless of a student's county of residence, any student who graduates from Christian County High School, Hopkinsville High School, Heritage Christian Academy, or University Heights Academy and meets the requirements stated below will be eligible.
- While in high school, each student must enroll in and successfully complete a tuition-waived Orientation to College course at HCC.
- The student must graduate with a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The student and their guardian MUST complete the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid - the financial aid form NO LATER THAN MAY 15 so that the US Department of Education can relay information to HCC's financial aid office.
- The student must achieve a cumulative high school attendance of 95% or above
- The student must never have been expelled from high school.
- The student must enroll full-time at HCC by MAY 15 of his or her senior year. He or she must maintain standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress as described by the U.S. Department of Education while attending HCC.
Is the Rotary Scholars award a grant or loan?
The Hopkinsville Rotary Scholars program is a grant/scholarship. There will not be an expectation of repayment. Support of the fund-raising activities of the Hopkinsville Rotary Club is encouraged.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: