Tuition & Costs
|Tuition Category||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|In-State Students||$179/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*||$358/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students||$627/credit hour|
|Mandatory Fee** (all students):||$8/credit hour|
*Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Students from Contiguous Counties pay a special tuition rate. Students from Reciprocity Counties pay in-state tuition.
** KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee.
View our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank.
- An $11 charge per semester will be collected from students enrolled in programs that
require professional liability insurance.
- A $50 charge will be assessed for each check returned due to insufficient funds.
- Kentucky Nurse Aid Testing (KNAT): $75.00 Students who enroll in a Hopkinsville NAA100 course will be assessed the testing charge along with the tuition as a requirement for the course. The payment is due at the same time as tuition (see payment deadlines). This charge is refundable at the same rate as tuition regardless of whether the test is taken.
- Online Course Charge: Per KCTCS policy all online classes are assessed a $20 per credit hour charge.
- Delinquent accounts are subject to referral to the Kentucky Department of Revenue, which will charge additional fees.
Tuition is assessed when you register for classes. If you do not pay tuition on time or make payment arrangements (payment plan, financial aid, etc.), you may be assessed a late fee and/or unregistered from your classes.
Tuition is charged per credit hour, so any changes to your schedule (for instance, if you drop or add a class) will result in recalculation of your tuition charge. Late fees and/or cancellation of classes apply even if you make initial payment but add a class later and do not pay for it.
Billing statements are sent by email to your student email. You will not receive a
statement through the mail. Your statement will show the tuition amount due as well
as anticipated aid, including grants, accepted loans and some scholarships (including
the Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship, or KEES).
When you receive your bill, compare your tuition balance to your actual financial aid (available at Student Self-Service).
- If your actual aid is more than enough to cover your tuition balance, you do not need
to make a tuition payment. Your tuition will be paid automatically from your financial
- If your actual aid is not enough to cover the tuition balance, you must pay the difference by the tuition deadline. Contact the Tuition Office for help in determining how much you owe.
If your tuition will be paid from financial aid funds, your tuition balance will not change until after the semester begins, enrollment is confirmed, and aid is disbursed to your account. At that time, your account balance will change to reflect the aid applied and any funds left over will be refunded to you.