Fall I, 2023 (COURSES BEGINNING IN August)
Payment Deadline is Friday, August 4, 2023 4:00pm
All campuses--The last day to pay tuition and fees for advanced registered students for classes beginning in August. Anyone enrolling after August 4 must pay the day of registration.
Fall II, 2023 (courses beginning in October)
Payment Deadline is Wednesday, October 11, 2023 4:00pm
All campuses--The last day to pay tuition and fees for advanced registered students for classes beginning in October. Anyone enrolling after October 11 must pay the day of registration.
- Tuition is charged when you register for classes and becomes you financial obligation to the college.
- Review your charges carefully and report any errors to the business office.
- Students who do not meet the payment deadline are subject to removal from the class roster and must re-enroll.
- It is your responsibility to officially drop any courses you do not plan to attend or charges may apply.
- Students whose financial obligations to KCTCS, or any division or organization of KCTCS, have not been paid in full will not be permitted to register for future credit or non-credit offerings, receive transcripts, transfer credits to another institution, or graduate.
- Hopkinsville Community College, as part of KCTCS, will pursue collection of all outstanding accounts pursuant to its business procedures.
- Accounts that remain delinquent will be referred to the Kentucky Department of Revenue for collection and are subject to additional fees and costs.
Financial Aid Priority Processing Deadline Dates
- July 15 for the Fall semester/Fall I term starting in August
- September 15 if starting the school year in Fall II in October
- November 15 if starting the school year in the Spring semester/Spring I term starting in January
- February 15 if starting the school year in Spring II starting in March
- April 15 for the Summer term
In order to receive a tuition refund on any course, you must officially withdraw within the refund period specified within this policy. Refunds for sessions different from those listed below are prorated according to the session in proportion to the traditional 16-week session. A session is defined as an enrollment period within an academic term. An academic term (fall, spring, or summer) may have a number of sessions running concurrently -- 16-, 8-, or 4-week.
Time frame for Tuition Refunds*
|16-week||Within 7th day||8th-29th days||After 29th day|
|8-week||Within 4th day||5th-15th days||After 15th day|
|6-week||Within 2nd day||3rd-10th days||After 10th day|
|5-week||Within 2nd day||3rd-9th days||After 9th day|
|4-week||Within 1st day||2nd-7th days||After 7th day|
* Calendar days of the session, including all Saturdays and Sundays, but excluding KCTCS recognized holidays.
How and when do I receive the remainder of my financial aid after tuition and book charges (if any) are paid?
The financial aid section on your PeopleSoft Self-Service account will show anticipated full-time aid up through the last day to enter a course (census date). If you are enrolled in anything less than full-time, your anticipated aid will then be adjusted. Financial aid will be disbursed through KCTCS using an integrated software system for all community and technical colleges in Kentucky. When your financial aid award is posted to your account, your tuition, fees & any applicable book charges will be deducted. If your award exceeds your direct school cost, funds will be sent to you approximately the fifth week of classes via the standard KCTCS weekly refund process occurring each Wednesday evening. A refund file is sent to BMTX, Inc. each Thursday morning and the refund is processed to your selected refund preference. It is very important that you check to make sure your address on file is correct in order to receive information about BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Your address of record can be checked through PeopleSoft Self-Service.
Note: Tuition is charged when you register for courses. Financial aid is disbursed and posted AFTER courses begin. Please be aware, should you enroll in courses for a term (semester) that have multiple start dates you MAY NOT receive your residual money until after the last start date due to multiple financial aid disbursements. Residual money refunds will not process until your account has a credit balance.
Due to the compressed time frame, summer aid will not be disbursed and residuals will not be processed until ALL courses have started and attendance has been verified.
|16-week & 1st 8 week terms refunds begin (term start 1/9)||2/2/23|
2nd 8 week term refunds begin (term starts 3/13)
|16 week & 1st 8 week term 30-day hold-First refunds begin (for first time borrowers; refunds will continue weekly thereafter)||2/16/23|
|2nd 8 week 30 day hold-First refunds begin (term starts 3/13)||4/20/23|
If you have questions, concerns, or need to submit requested information to the Financial Aid Office, you may visit any of our financial aid offices at the addresses below:
Hopkinsville Campus: 720 North Drive, Hopkinsville, KY
Ft. Campbell Campus: H. English Army Education Center, 202 Bastogne Ave, Ft. Campbell, KY
Hopkinsville hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fort Campbell hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone (270) 707-3700
Fax: (270) 886-5757