Rights and Responsibilities
As a student financial aid consumer you have the right to:
- Information about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available, and renewal requirements as well as about HCC's academic programs and policies.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made by the HCC Financial Aid office. A letter discussing your situation in detail and the decision you wish to have reviewed should be submitted in writing to the Director of Financial Aid, Hopkinsville Community College, PO Box 2100, Hopkinsville Ky 42241-2100
You have a responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other financial aid agencies by email and/or letter. Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Request personal assistance if you have questions or do not understand the information provided to you.
- Budget and manage your financial aid funds. Learn more at http://www.cashcourse.org/.