Satisfactory Academic Progress | HCC

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid

If you are receiving financial aid to attend college, there is an expectation that you make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)in order to remain eligible to receive financial aid. Federal regulations mandate that students receiving financial aid under Title IV programs must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in his/her course of study regardless of whether or not financial aid is awarded each semester. To receive and to continue to receive financial aid, you must remain in good academic standing by achieving the two academic requirements below:

  1. Successfully pass 67% of all credits you attempt in every term.
  2. Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at the end of every term.

Additional information on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) may be found here.

Academic Assistance and Tutoring

If you are having academic difficulties, there is academic assistance and tutoring available to assist you. We encourage all students to take advantage of the free student support services available to help you achieve your educational and vocational goals. If you have struggled academically in the past, we want to work with you to create a path toward future success.