The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 33 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you have acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
How CLEP Helps You
- Depending on your college's CLEP policy, a satisfactory score on a CLEP exam can earn you from 3 to 12 college credits.
- The cost of a CLEP exam is $89, a fraction of the tuition and fees for the corresponding course. There is also a $20 administration fee.
- A satisfactory score on a CLEP exam allows you to skip general introductory courses and move on to more advanced classes, or explore new and challenging academic areas.
- CLEP is one way of completing required coursework if you are a few credits shy of graduation.
- Receive credit for college math or a foreign language.
How to Get Started
- Find out if your college accepts CLEP. Use the CLEP college search and talk to your admissions office, test center, or academic advisor.
- Read descriptions of all 33 exams and decide which to take.
- Register on the CLEP website to take your exam: https://clep.collegeboard.org/started
- Schedule a test day by contacting a CLEP test center and making an appointment.
- Start studying. Get a college textbook and review sample questions.
- Take your test!
Sherlene Mendiola,Coordinator of Assessment and Testing
Office: Fort Campbell Campus, National Testing Center
SSG Glenn English Army Education Center, Bldg 202 Bastogne Ave., Room 1218, 2nd Floor
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
Phone: (270) 707-3970
Contact: Sherlene Mendiola
Martha Metcalfe,Coordinator of Assessment and Testing
Office: Hopkinsville Campus, Technology Center, Room 202, 720 North Drive, PO Box 2100
Hopkinsville, KY 42241
Phone: (270) 707-3826