Post 9/11 GI Bill Tuition Payment Policy
Hopkinsville Community College (HCC) has updated its policy regarding the Post-9/11 GI Bill payment requirement. The policy will increase enrollment certification efficiency and create manageable VA billing and payment procedures. HCC remains committed to serving our military active duty, veteran, and dependent students.
- Benefit recipients eligible (COE on file) for 100% tuition coverage having no other financial source paying tuition (Pell grant, SEOG, CAP Grant, Institutional Scholarship) and have been certified for the term will have their tuition deferred until the end of the term. Should the college not receive the funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs by that time the student will be required to make payment in full before enrolling in a future term and/or be subject to collections.
- Students eligible for partial tuition coverage and have been certified for the term will be deferred only the partial coverage and must pay their remaining balance by the deadline to pay tuition or be subject to cancellation for non- payment and having the certification adjusted.
- Students using the Post-9/11 GI Bill and having other financial sources paying tuition (Pell Grant, SEOG, CAP Grant, Institutional Scholarship) will find the tuition and fees paid in the order the funds are received by the college and posted to the student account.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill will no longer be posted to the student account BEFORE the funds are received in order for a refund to process to the student. A refund will not process to the student until the account is in a credit status. A credit will not be given to the bookstore to use unless the tuition is paid in full. After the college is reimbursed by the Department of Veterans Affairs with the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit, any excess credit due the student will be refunded. Please budget accordingly.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits will be reduced by the amount of any non-institutional tuition scholarships received for the student.
HCC is extremely proud of its long standing relationship with our military population. Our goal is to ensure that your transition to college is a smooth one. To help in these efforts, please forward your schedule of courses upon enrollment promptly to our VA office for certification processing. Should changes occur to your schedule, notify the VA office immediately. Thank you for your adherence to these policies.
-Effective January, 2012