NAA100 On-Ground Class Format Nursing Assistant Skills I
This course will provide the knowledge and skills for the nurse aide to assume the role and responsibilities required in a long term care setting. The focus is on communication, infection control, safety, resident/patient rights, and basic nursing skills.
Classes may be offered during the spring and fall semesters as either a 16-week class at the Hopkinsville campus or an 8-week class at the Fort Campbell campus. A class may be offered during the summer term in Hopkinsville. Please check the schedule for class offerings.
This on-ground class has a strict attendance policy with no room to miss class, lab, or clinical days. Required class, lab, and clinical hours are mandated by the Kentucky Department of Medicaid Services.
Students may enroll in an on-campus class through their self-service account. Financial Aid many be available.
- Proof of negative 2-step TB test (Consists of 2 separate placements with readings)
- Hepatitis B series, titer, or declination statement
- BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification through American Heart Association
- Liability insurance ($11 fee assessed at time of registration per semester)
- Background check approximately $35 through a vendor designated by HCC
- (Certain items on the background check may affect your ability to attend clinical. Please contact the Nursing Department for further information.)
- Statement of Understanding
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry exam is offered on the Hopkinsville Campus. After successful completion of NAA 100, you have one year from the course completion date to take the state nurse aide registry exam. To schedule an exam date, please contact Veronica Tolbert by phone at (270)707-3860.
Passing the state nurse aide registry exam will allow the examinee to work as a CNA. Having an active status on the state nurse aide registry will meet the State Nurse Aide Registry requirement for the HCC RN and PN programs.
Questions? Call (270)707-3840 or (270)707-3858