NAA100 On-Ground Class Format Nursing Assistant Skills I
This course will provide the knowledge and skills for the nurse aide to assume the role and responsibilities required in a long term care setting. The focus is on communication, infection control, safety, resident/patient rights, and basic nursing skills.
Class Format Options:
Classes may be offered during the spring and fall semesters in a 16-week class or an 8-week class. In addition, the summer term often has a 5-week class option. Most classes are held on the Hopkinsville campus although we may occasionally offer a class on the Fort Campbell campus. Please check the schedule for class offerings.
The Kentucky Department of Medicaid Services mandates a nurse aide training and competency evaluation program, such as the NAA100 Nursing Assistant Skills I course, must consist of 75 hours of training in both classroom theory and instruction and hands-on practice. Within that 75 hours, students must complete a minimum of 16 hours of supervised practical training. To ensure mandatory hour requirements are met, the NAA100 course has a strict attendance policy for class, lab, and clinical days.
How to Enroll:
Students may enroll in NAA100 through their self-service account. Financial Aid may be available to students who meet aid eligibility requirements.
- Proof of negative 2-step TB test within the past 12 months
- Consists of 2 separate placements with readings
- Hepatitis B series, titer, or declination statement
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR certification through American
- BLS CPR must be through American Heart Association. We do not currently accept any other providers, including Red Cross.
- Liability insurance ($11 fee per semester - assessed to the student account at time of registration)
- Background check: approximately $35 through a vendor designated by HCC Nursing Department
- Certain items on the background check may affect your ability to attend clinical. Please contact the Nursing Department for further information.
- Drug Screen: approximately $35-40 through a vendor designated by HCC Nursing Department
- Kentucky Abuse Registry Check
- Caregiver Misconduct Registry Check
- Statement of Understanding
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Nurse Aide State Certification Exam:
The Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry exam is offered on the Hopkinsville Campus. After successful completion of NAA 100, you have one year from the course completion date to take the state nurse aide registry exam. To schedule an exam date, please contact Dawn Saturley by phone at (270)707-3860.
Passing the state nurse aide registry exam will allow the examinee to work as a certified nurse aide (CNA). Having an active status on the state nurse aide registry will meet the State Nurse Aide Registry requirement for the HCC RN and PN programs.
Took a nurse aide training program somewhere else? You can still take your state certification exam with us! Please call (270)707-3860 for details.
Questions about the NAA100 Course?
Call (270)707-3848 or (270)707-3840
Questions about the Nurse Aide State Exam?