Military Training Credit | HCC

Military Training Credit

What Is Military Training Credit?

A student may receive course credit where appropriate and equivalent courses are available for formal military training as recommended in A Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Service (ACE Guide), published by the American Council on Education (ACE).

How Can I Earn Military Training Credit?

To begin the process of receiving credit for formal military training and experience, it is recommended that you follow these steps:

  1. Work with your Academic Advisor to see how military credit will impact your education goals.
  2. Visit the HCC Fort Campbell Office to fill out the Military Transfer Credit Agreement form and submit it to the Fort Campbell staff.
  3. Visit Joint Service Transript website and login with your CAC or register for an account.
    • Click on "Official Transcript Request" and complete the form to have your official transcripts sent to HCC.

Credit will be evaluated in the order requests are received and can take up to one academic term to reflect on your student account/transcript. Please note that military service credit in career-technical areas that is over 10 years old and is to be applied toward graduation in the career-technical field must be approved by the appropriate division dean.

What is the Cost for Military Training Credit?

There is no cost to be awarded credit for training received in the military. Again, reach out to your local college veterans services coordinator to begin the process of determining your credit options.