HCC Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors
The Hopkinsville Community College Foundation, Inc. serves as the officially-recognized, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) fund-raising arm of Hopkinsville Community College. The federal tax identification number of the Foundation is 61-6042265.Under the leadership of an independent Board of Directors, the primary purposes of the HCC Foundation, Inc. include:
- Advance the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of HCC.
- Catalyst, leadership, and coordination for the private-sector resource development programs and activities of HCC.
- Raise private funds for college-wide initiatives and needs.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the management and investment of private funds.
- Friend-raiser and advocate for HCC.
- Counselor and advisor to the HCC president.
The foundation was chartered on May 17, 1967 as the Pennyrile Education Foundation, Inc. as a separate and independent 501(c)(3) fund-raising organization to support HCC. Reorganized in the early 1990s, the Foundation changed its name to Community College Foundation of Hopkinsville, Inc. on March 11, 1994 to more clearly reflect its mission. On March 16, 2000, the Foundation adopted its current name, Hopkinsville Community College Foundation, Inc. On August 17, 2000, HCC and the Foundation entered into a Memorandum of Understanding through which the Foundation became the officially-recognized fund-raising arm of the college.
The HCC Foundation hosts two signature fund-raising events each fall; the Mike Foster Golf Scramble to benefit the HCCF Textbook Scholarship Endowment, the first Friday of October; and the Scholarship Gala Auction, the first Friday of November.
Board of Directors
Jo Glover, President
Jackie Jones, Vice-President
Scott Hancock, Treasurer
Dr. Jay Allen, ex-officio
Yvette Y. Eastham, ex-officio
Gary Logan, ex-officio voting, Chair of HCC Board of Directors