Amp up your career and become an industrial or construction electrician.
What is Electrical Technology?
Like to think logically? Like to analyze problems and find ways to use technology to solve them? We can teach you how and prepare you for entry-level electrician positions in manufacturing facilities, the construction industry, and power plants. The study of electrical theory and practical applications provides the foundation for a career in the electrical industry. Classroom lectures and laboratory instruction include basic electrical theory, residential and commercial wiring, conduit bending, motor controls, and programmable logic controllers. The Electrical Technology program requires that you earn a C or better in required core and technical electives to progress in the program. You'll learn knowledge of the generation, transformation and use of electricity. Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in electric motor controls, industrial electronics, fluid power, programmable logic controllers, and process control will also be examined.
What are my degree, diploma, and certificate options?
- Electrical Technology AAS - Construction Electrician Track
- Electrical Technology AAS - Industrial Electrician Track
- Electrical Technology AAS - Automated Industrial Controls Technician Track
- Electrical Diploma - Construction Electrician Track
- Electrical Diploma - Industrial Electrician Track
- Electrical Diploma - Automated Industrial Controls Technician Track
- Construction Electrician Certificate Level I
- Construction Electrician Level II - Certificate
- Construction Electrician Level III - Certificate
- Automated Industrial Controls Technician Level I - Certificate
- Automated Industrial Controls Technician Level II - Certificate
- Industrial Electrician Level I - Certificate
- Industrial Electrician Level II - Certificate
- Voice and Data Wiring Installer Level I - Certificate
- Voice and Data Wiring Installer Level II - Certificate
- Voice and Data Wiring Technician - Certificate
How Do I Pay For This?
Worry no more. With the lowest tuition in Kentucky, financial aid options, and a helping hand to guide you through the application process, we have you covered. We'll help you reach your goals at a price that won't break the bank.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.