Resources for Service Members and Veterans | HCC

Resources for Service Members and Veterans

Veteran Services
Staff are ready to help you with your educational needs and transition and are specially trained to help with government processes and enrolling in college.

Office: Hopkinsville Campus, Technology Building, Room 204
Phone: (270) 707-3807 

School Certifying Official
SCOs are responsible for certifying your enrollment to the VA.  GI Bill payments are issued based on this information.

Angie Goode, School Certifying Official
English Army Education Center, Room 231C, 202 Bastogne Avenue, Fort Campbell
Phone: (270) 707-3952 

Office: Hopkinsville Campus, Technology Building, Room 204
Phone: (270) 707-3807 

Accessibility Services

Do you require classroom accommodations for learning, physical or mental health challenges?

Elana Stubbs, Coordinator of Student Activities and Retention
Office: Emerging Technologies Building, Room 139
Phone: (270) 707-3825


You can obtain assistance with improving your math, writing, computer, and study skills.

TRIO Student Support Services
Phone: (270) 707-3913    
Location: Hopkinsville Campus, Learning Resource Center (Library), Room 106

Career Counseling

The Career Center can assist you with career assessments, improving interview skills, and resume writing.

Kanya Allen, Coordinator of Career and Transfer Services
Office: Hopkinsville Campus, Technology Center, Room 204
Phone: (270) 707-3827

Additional Resources

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
CFPB’s Office of Servicemember Affairs (OSA) works to help military families overcome unique financial challenges by providing educational resources, monitoring complaints, and working with other agencies to solve problems faced by service members.

Education and Training Services
Many benefits are available to advance the education and skills of Veterans and Service members. 

Are You a Homeless Veteran?
Click a county to find housing and supportive services.  Contact the HUD Kentucky Field Office at 502-582-5251 and press “0” with questions about any resources.

Kentucky Approving Agency for Veterans Education
The Kentucky Approving Agency is responsible for determining what programs may be approved for the use of VA education benefits.  Their office monitors the quality of the programs and follows the progress of Kentucky's veterans in those programs.  Search for approved schools and learn about the program approval process.

Kentucky Career Center – Veterans Express
Kentucky Career Centers have local veterans employment representatives and disabled veteran outreach program specialists trained specifically to assist veterans with their employment and training needs.  

Kentucky Veterans Employment, Training and Support Program (KyVETS)
KyVets provides resources and support to assist veterans across the Commonwealth in obtaining gainful employment and training services.  For more information, email

Medical and Mental Health Services
VA health care covers regular checkups with a primary care provider and appointments with specialists (including mental health providers).

Veteran Crisis Line
Are you a veteran in crisis?  Call 1–800–273–TALK(8255) Press 1, chat online at, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support every day, 24/7.  Support for deaf and hard of hearing, call 1-800-799-4889.

Veterans Affairs Facility Locator
Search for nearest VA medical center as well as other health facilities, benefit offices, cemeteries, community care providers and Vet Centers.