College Grants available for Adult Students | HCC

News Archive

College Grants available for Adult Students

Adult Kentuckians who are interested in taking college classes may be eligible for a Go Higher Grant administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).

Go Higher Grants are available to adults age 24 or older who are enrolled in fewer than six credit hours at a participating Kentucky college or university. Applicants must show financial need. The maximum award amount is $1,000 and covers tuition plus a book allowance of $50 per credit hour.
To be considered for a grant, students must complete a Go Higher Grant application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Grant applications are available at The FAFSA may be submitted online at Although there is no deadline for applying, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible because funding is limited.

To learn how to plan and prepare for higher education, go to For more information about Kentucky scholarships and grants, visit; write KHEAA, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602-0798; or call (800) 928-8926, ext. 6-7372.