BuildSmart - HCC Emerging Technologies Center
The Opportunity of Our Lifetime
- As the hearty pioneers who settled and built our great Commonwealth, we are now on the brink of creating our own future, and investing in the future of everyone in the region
- NOW is the time for the community to invest in itself
- Hopkinsville Community College is a pivotal economic driver for the region, at the table with economic developers for every expansion and potential location of new employers in business and industry
- Spaces will be nimble and flexible, able to provide education and training that we know about today, and adaptable to accommodate fields of study as they emerge, things no one is thinking about now
- Numerous individuals and groups have provided substantial endowments to HCC and the HCC Foundation that provide hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarship tuition exclusively to our students
- The project allows us to leverage that investment with new programs and spaces to meet the demand of students and employers for education and training
- Our community is united in understanding that ONLY by training and education can we raise the standard of living for the MOST DIVERSE, MOST MILITARY-RELATED community in Kentucky
The BuildSmart Campaign for Kentucky CompetitivenessBuildSmart is an innovative and historic statewide proposal submitted by the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) to the Governor and the General Assembly in the 2014 legislative session to permit KCTCS for the first time ever to issue agency bonds to construct the top capital project for each of its 16 colleges. Hopkinsville Community Colleges Emerging Technologies Center was submitted as HCCs top capital project and was approved along with other KCTCS capital projects in April 2014. In the BuildSmart plan, each college must fund 25% of the total project in order for KCTCS to issue agency bonds for the remaining 75% of the project. The total scope of the HCC project is $15 million. This means that HCC must raise $3.75 million in local support. The local monies must be raised by June 1, 2016 in order for KCTCS to authorize the remaining $11.25 million in agency bonds to construct the new building.
Proposed Programs to Open Include:
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Avionic Technicians
- Precision Agriculture
- Database Administration
- Cyber Security
- Computer Support Specialists
- Sonography/Ultrasound Technicians
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Radiology Technicians
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Medical Assistants
- Nurse Aides
To be included: general education classrooms, addition to and expansion of new manufacturing technology programs.
Learn more about our BuildSmart project by downloading our case for need statement.
Select Hopkinsville Community College on the KCTCS online form to contribute to our BuildSmart goal.