FAQs for Adult Education
- How do I get a replacement copy of my GED transcript or diploma?
- How can I get started taking GED classes?
- How much does it cost for me to enroll in a GED class
- How long will it take me to earn my GED?
- What is on the GED exam?
- What happens if I don't pass the GED?
- How much does the GED test cost?
- Can I take the GED Test in Spanish?
- What is a TABE test?
- What do I need to do to take the TABE test?
- How much does it cost to take the TABE test?
- How do I contact Adult Education if I have more questions about the services offered?
How do I get a replacement copy of my GED transcript or diploma?You can get a replacement transcript or diploma by visiting the following link at KY Adult Education and following the instructions to get copies of your GED.
How can I get started taking GED classes?If you are a resident of Christian or Todd Counties, the first step is to call us at (270) 707-3925 to sign up for orientation. If you are a resident of Caldwell County, call (270)365-2322. During orientation you will learn about the GED and the Adult Education programs offered by HCC.
How much does it cost for me to enroll in a GED classThere is no charge for any service provided by Adult Education. We will provide the classes you need to be successful at no charge to you!
How long will it take me to earn my GED?Our program is designed with you in mind. Our aim is to help you complete your goal within 1-3 months; however, it is impossible to say exactly how long it will take because this depends on you. Your commitment, how much you already know when you get here, combined with how much you study and attend classes will determine how quickly you complete the program. Remember, you will never finish if you don't start!
What is on the GED exam?The GED test consists of four sections. Your skills in Mathematical Reasoning, Science, Social Studies and Reasoning Through Language Arts will be tested. You will learn more about the test and what is required to pass during the GED orientation. You can also visit our GED Testing page to learn more.
What happens if I don't pass the GED?
If you pass most but not all of the GED on your first attempt you will only be required to retest in the section still needed.