Transcript Request

At Hopkinsville Community College, our Admissions & Records Office offers a combined service to meet all of your student admissions and records needs.

Transcripts will not be released if a financial hold has been placed on a student account. This hold must be resolved before the transcript(s) can be processed.

Unofficial Transcript

Log in to your Student Self Service to get your unofficial transcript.

How do I order an official transcript or have an official copy mailed to another college?


Hopkinsville Community College (HCC) has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order your transcripts using any major credit card. Your credit card will only be charged after your order has been completed.

  • To order an official transcript(s) login to the National Student Clearinghouse secure site at
  • For your convenience, any courses completed within the KCTCS system can be viewed by other KCTCS schools. Therefore, it is not necessary to request an official transcript to be sent.
  • The National Student Clearinghouse site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. Official transcripts cost $7.25 ($5 for each transcript plus $2.25 processing fee).
  • Transcripts will be processed by our office 3-5 days after the order is received from the National Student Clearinghouse. After your order has been processed by HCC, you will receive an email. You can also check your order status and history online through the National Student Clearinghouse site.
  • Please note, a transcript mailed through the United States Postal Service may take up to 10 business days to reach its destination.

Benefits of using the National Student Clearinghouse

  • Convenient
  • 24/7 access
  • Secure transactions
  • Immediate, secure electronic transcript delivery worldwide
  • Automatic order updates via mobile text alerts and email
  • Online order tracking
  • Ability to order multiple transcripts for multiple recipients in one order

In Person

  • Transcripts can be requested in person by coming to the Admissions/Records counter located in the Administration Building in Hopkinsville.
  • A computer is available and assistance will be given to you if you choose to order your transcript from the Admissions/Records office. You will be directed to use the National Student Clearinghouse site.
  • Transcripts can be picked up and processed immediately and are $7.00 per copy. If you choose this option, please know the transcript will be stamped ISSUED TO STUDENT. You may wish to check with your receiving organization to see if that will fit their needs.
  • Please plan accordingly to your deadline to your outside organization.

By Mail

Transcripts may also be requested by mail. Requests by mail are processed at our lowest priority and may take 5-7 business days to process. Please note, a transcript mailed through the United States Postal Service may take up to 10 business days to reach its destination.
If you choose to have your transcript request processed by mail please complete the transcript request formPDF icon. Be sure to provide the following information, otherwise, this could further the delay in processing your transcript request.

  • Full name (as it appeared when you were a student)
  • Last four digits of your Social Security Number and/or the KCTCS ID number
  • Date of birth
  • Approximate dates of attendance
  • Number of Copies
  • Address to which the transcript is to be mailed
  • Student Signature

Make check or money order payable to: Hopkinsville Community College for $5 (per transcript).

Mail signed request and payment to:

Hopkinsville Community College
PO BOX 2100
Hopkinsville, KY 42241-2100


To request your military transcript please use the Joint Service Transcript site at:


I have a hold on my account what does this mean and where do I go?

Holds (Service Indicators) You can learn if and why there is a hold on your account and how to correct it by going to the "Campus Personal Information" link on the main "SA Self Service" page. Then click on the "Holds" tab to review any holds that may have been placed on your account.

Below is a list of holds that you may see with the information on who to contact if you have a question or concern.

ADM: This can be a hold for a transcript, a visiting student letter, a new application to be submitted or other specified requirements.
CONTACT: the Admissions Office 270-707-3813 with questions.
FIN: A financial hold means the student owes the college money.
CONTACT: the Cashier's Office with questions 270-707-3729.
WRO: A Write Off means the student owes the college money.
CONTACT: the Cashier's Office with questions 270-707-3729.
COL: Means that the students' financial obligation has been sent to collections.
CONTACT: the Cashier's Office with questions 270-707-3729.
NOC: These are not holds, just notices and will not stop the student from registering.
LIB: This is a library hold.
You should speak with someone at the circulation desk to resolve this issue.
CONTACT: the Library with questions 270-707-3764

Be sure to note the effective term for the hold!
If the hold is for a past semester then it must be taken care of prior to registering.