Hopkinsville Community College, we welcome international students to our campus. With
high-quality instruction, small class sizes and affordable tuition rates, our college
can provide an excellent opportunity for international students to begin study in
the United States. As part of KCTCS (a statewide system of 16 colleges), HCC emphasizes global awareness and embraces
international diversity in its student body.
Applying to Hopkinsville Community College
To make your application process as simple as possible, please complete the following
- KCTCS International Student Check List (NOTE: Hopkinsville Community College is only authorized to admit F-1 visa holders;
HCC is not approved to accept M-1 and J-1 visa holders).
- Review the Education USA Visa and Immigration-Related Information section of the U.S. Department of State website.
- Review the Cost of Attendance for International Students
attending Hopkinsville Community College.
- Complete an Online KCTCS Application for admission to Hopkinsville Community College.
- Complete the I-20 Application. In order to apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate, students wishing to
attend HCC must first have a SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) document called an I-20 issued
by the college. You will be required to submit this form when you apply for a visa.
The college will provide you with an I-20 only after you have completed an application
and have been academically admitted to the institution.
- Complete the Financial Certification Forms Packet which includes the Affidavit of Sponsorship and the affidavit of sponsor providing
free room and board. (all forms must be notarized with an official stamp or seal).
- Provide a TOEFL report and/or English language proficiency documentation (described in the KCTCS International Student Admissions Checklist).
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Once the HCC international student representative has reviewed your documentation
and provided your I-20, make an appointment for the visa interview at the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Make sure you have all the documentation you will need when you go for the interview,
including the I-20, financial support documents, proof of payment of the SEVIS and
visa fees, college acceptance letter, and a completed visa application form.
International Student Services Contacts
Allisha Lee, Dean of Student Affairs (designated International Student Services Coordinator)
Office: Administration Building, Room 211
Phone: (270) 707-3801
Contact: Allisha Lee
Elana Stubbs, Senior Administrative Assistant
Office: Administration Building, Room 208
Phone: (270) 707-3802
Contact: Elana Stubbs