Intl_Student_Financial_Certification_Forms_HCC_2009-10AtHopkinsville Community College, we welcome international students to our campus. With high-quality instruction, small class sizes and affordable tuition rates, our college can provide an excellent opportunity for international students to begin study in the United States. As part of KCTCS (a statewide system of 16 colleges), HCC emphasizes global awareness and embraces international diversity in its student body.
Applying to Hopkinsville Community College
To make your application process as simple as possible, please complete thefollowingsteps:
- KCTCS International Student Check List
- Review the KCTCS International Students website.
- Review the Education USA Visa and Immigration-Related Information section of the U.S. Department of State website.
- Read the KCTCS International Student Admissions Checklist (NOTE: Hopkinsville Community College is only authorized to admit F-1 visa holders; HCC is not approved to accept M-1 and J-1 visa holders).
- Review the Cost of Attendance for International Students attending Hopkinsville Community College.
- Complete an Online KCTCS Application for admission to Hopkinsville Community College.
- Complete the I-20 Application. In order to apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate, students wishing to attend HCC must first have a SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) document called an I-20 issued by thecollege. You will be required to submit this form when you apply for a visa. The college will provide you with an I-20 only after you have completed an application and have been academically admitted to the institution.
- Complete the Financial Certification Forms Packetwhich includes the Affidavit of Sponsorship and the affidavit of sponsor providing free room and board. (all forms must be notarized with an official stamp orseal).
- Provide aTOEFL report and/or English language proficiency documentation (described in the KCTCS International Student Admissions Checklist).
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Once the HCC international student representative has reviewed your documentation and provided your I-20, make an appointment for the visa interview at the appropriateU.S. Embassy/Consulate. Make sure you have all the documentation you will need when you go for the interview, including the I-20, financial support documents, proof of payment of the SEVIS and visa fees, college acceptance letter, and a completed visa application form.
International Student Services Contacts
Dr. Jason Warren, Dean of Student Affairs (designated International Student Services Coordinator)
Office: Administration Building, Room 115
Phone: (270) 707-3801
Contact: Jason Warren
C.J. Newcomb, Senior Administrative Assistant
Office: Administration Building, Room 117
Phone: (270) 707-3802